Thursday, April 21, 2005

Excellent service at a government company

You always hear people bitching about government companies and their poor customer service. I have something different to report.

I had a wonderful experience when I went to buy insurance at New India Assurance. The person who was in charge of dealing with customers was extremely courteous. Not just to me, even to the people who'd come with expired insurance stuff, who wanted to know about how to file claims, with everyone. He displayed remarkable patience and when he was dealing with one person, he was totally with them.

When I was sitting there for quite a while, he even offered me tea. When the person who was writing up the insurance took some time to finish my papers, she apologised saying that since it was the first time she was making that kind of insurance (using the computer), she had taken quite a while.

The whole office was cheerful and while it had the usual trappings of a government office, it was really a customer's delight being there.

Don't know too many places that I can say that about, government or private.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home