Friday, January 21, 2005

Benny Hinn Shuts Down Bangalore?

Sometimes, I pick up breakfast from the store near my house. Went there this morning, the store's closed. I realise that it's Bakrid, so maybe the store owners, who are Muslim, have closed the shop. I try the store down the street. It's closed too. I realise later that there wasn't too much traffic. Are we the only company that's working today?

The bakery near the office is closed too. Roads are again a little deserted. Is there a bandh today in Bangalore? I didn't read anything about it in the newspaper. I ask a policeman. He said that there's a bandh to protest the Benny Hinn show, er, prayer meeting, but that the government has not declared a bandh.

The security guy at my office tells me that people attacked buses yesterday. Yes, deface public property to make your point--that's a sign of maturity.

What I did read in the Times of India was a nice ad by a social activist. He made a simple point--No individual could come and shake the pillars of Hinduism, nobody is that powerful. Exactly right. That's the point I was trying to make when I wrote this the other day.

I don't want to get started on bandhs too, so I'll stop writing. Now, all I've got to do is get some breakfast.

2 Comments:

At 4:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I could believe, I can. If I could reason, I could. If I could read what I write, I understand what I speak. If I can understand only if someone tells me what I already can understand, believe, or read; I must be pretty naive and dependent on others for approval. Which is not bad. What if there are millions like me? I don't understand that!

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger Percy said...

Interesting comment. Took me a while to figure out what you said and I'm still not sure if I understood it right.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home