Sunday, June 19, 2005

Local Vocals at Coffee Day

Since !_!_!_! has already blogged about Local Vocals, I thought I'd just add a few observations of my own.

With only one rhythm guitarist and a multitude of voices, some singing harmonies, some percussion (see what you missed?), Local Vocals managed to sound awesome. The quirky humour and the mixing of languages (they sang in English, Tamil, and Hindi) is something I've never seen.

They brought the house down (twice) with The Alphabet song, which was hilarious! While that song and Mala stood out, their other numbers (they sang a Doobie Brothers number too) were really good. It was obvious that the group was having fun and it showed in their music. I had a blast.

It's a pity though that we won't get to hear them again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home